Monday, November 3, 2008

Full Course Meal

I am back with more of my cookings today. First of all, i wanted to clarify that i like buying cookbooks, but those are usually for a little guidance only, i do not usually follow exactly what it says. Moreover, the reasons i buy cookbooks are:

1)only if it is not really expensive
2)the pictures look really tempting
3)the ingredients are not too rare to find
4)buying just for the sake of buying it

This is the cookbook that i like the most, i bought it in Miri with a reasonable price i think for the quality inside.



Like i said earlier, i do not follow every ingredients and steps as the book teaches. That is because i believe there are some ingredients used that is not being stated. Not everyone want to fully share their recipe even if they publish cookbooks. Therefore instead, i prefer going to restaurant and taste their food then try to guess what they use for ingredients and then try it out on my own judgement, even i am wrong, i can still make some adjustment to make it taste good. On the other hand, i also enjoy watching cooking competition shows which the competitors go all out to be the winner. This way, they will give their best without keeping any secret ingredients, unlike some cooksbooks. Meanwhile, their skills and recipes are also being recorded for the shows, hence allowing the audiences to view all. Therefore it is a good way to learn cooking too.

料理の鉄人

The cooking show which i mentioned and also the one i watched many times is The Iron Chef(^Pic above^). It is definitely one of the most famous and best cooking show. I have downloaded almost all the episodes available- over 100+ episodes. The show goes like this, challengers get to choose who they wanted to battle with, out of the three chefs(Chinese, French and Japanese) defending the cooking arena(that's what they call it), then a theme will be set for each match, for example:- asparagus, then both sides must use asparagus as the main ingredients to produce as much dishes as they can and it will be then judge by 4 to 5 judges.

Picture of all the Iron Chefs (Ex & Current)


Enough of the cooking show, if you know me and want to ask for the shows from me, you can tell me. As for now, i will post a few more of my cookings from before.

Chicken Stew with Kailan


Wrapped Crab Sticks


Egg Flower Soup


Lemon & Orange Chicken Fillet



Sweet & Sour Prawn


This whole table of foods were made by me alone in one day. My first time making a full course. That day wasn't any special day. I just felt like cooking a full meal, so i just told my mom i was going to cook for the night and she just agreed. So i did. Well, they always complain, not about the food but that i never wash my utensils after i cook everytime. I just defend by saying i cook for you all, you help me wash la~ Right?


I will post some more of my own cooking in the future. Hope you enjoy reading today's post.

No comments: