Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Nippon Maru

This is the second part for the post today...

I saw a damn big ship, a cruise ship- The Nippon Maru, on November 6th, yesterday at Muara Port. The first thing came to mind is- "OMG, Titanic!" It's real HUMONGOUS. My friend, Zinc told me if we can go up and into the ship, then we are the luckiest attachment student of the year. So we both looked for a chance, asking our superior whether we can go or not. The answers we got are totally different. His boss said cannot but mine say can. Confusing right?

I really do hope i can get a glimpse of the inside of the ship. It is a lifetime opportunity man... You know, inside it's just a paradise, there is even a hotel inside as i was told, just like what you saw in television- the Titanic and the Poseidon. My superior even told me that it is not open to anyone. Only some Port Members and those who take in the passengers as family for 3 days during their stay in Brunei, can enter the gigantic ship. I took a couple of pictures of the ship but i cant take the whole ship cos of its length, so i break it up into parts.

The closeup shots of the ship



Do you see how small the car is, when placed beside the ship?

The ship really interest me, so i look it up in the internet and found these:
Nippon Maru was built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Kobe, in 1990. She is 21903 gross tons. 166.6 metres long, and carries 607 passengers and 326 crew. Her speed is 18 knots. Nippon Maru runs both short and long cruises for the Japanese market.

I don't know how big the possibility is for me to board the ship, it will be leaving on the coming Monday so i really hope tomorrow i can get board it. I will try to ask for permission tomorrow. Hope i am lucky enough then. If i get in, i will take a lot of pictures to be posted in my blog, that is if i am allowed to take photos.

Full view of the Nippon Maru

This picture is taken from the internet

No comments: