Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Play with colours~

Today after lunch, me and my friend went shopping at the shop nearby since there was still a lot of time left. Then i walk past a bookshelf and this magazine caught my attention:


I flipped through the magazine and then saw this page in the second picture above. It reminds me of my room so we started to discuss about designs. That is why i decided to talk about how i decided on my room painting last time.


One day i wanted to move my room to the one below because it's much more bigger. But before i stay in, i decided to paint my room in a different way, not the usual plain colour all over the room. So i came up with a few design to make my room more attractive. Well, i actually like to make simple designs.


This is the image i made, it is seperated into four parts;
Upper right combination of all my favorite colours- black, white, orange and silver (since there is not silver, i used gray),
Upper left is like reflection type,
Lower right is my favorite design, it cant be seen clearly here, it has many sprinkles of green over the lines which i wanted to use glow-in-the-dark to paint, Lower left is orange boxes outlines on white background.

So from here i have to choose, it's pretty easy cos one rule in Chinese beliefs- no black paint for painting walls. That means two are out and then the combination colours need four different paint, so once again CROSS. That left me with one choice so this is what i drew before painting:



The outcome after painting is not up to my expectation, it's not satisfying enough but still acceptable. The major mistake is that the orange colour i used, is not bright enough. The label sample show bright orange but when i paint it is different. Too bad... And another miscalculation is that i ddint't take into account my furniture, so when i arrange my furniture, it blocks the design i made. SEE...




Well, according to Shakespeare- what's done is done. I can only accept it, afterall it's not really that bad, right? I made this another design, getting inspiration from my slipper, LOL but it's true.



That's all i have to share today, check back again tomorrow.
Finally i would like to say use your imagination and play with colours. It is a wonderful thing. Bye bye~

No comments: