Friday, October 17, 2008

Definition of hobby

My hobby is collecting toys models. Toy models come in different names, some like to call it action figures, some call it miniatures, display toys, and many just call it toys. As for me, i prefer calling them 'models'. Toy models have values, you might be able to sell it for some cash if you got something that is rare. That is why some people collect it for this purpose while others just for pure interest and hobby.

My love for models are just.............. indescribable. It started sometimes 5 years ago. Many people commented that it is just a waste of money, time, space and so on. Ya, i know many does not appreciate what i collect and even ask me to stop. WHY? I have my own likings, i won't stop just because of some criticism, i will continue collecting models as long as i am still here. It might seems childish to some people but i believe there are people out there who share the same interest as me and also people who can appreciate my collections; just like "some" of my friends. (You know who you are and thanks)

It does feel good when people look at your collection and say, " yea this is nice." Or they can even comment that they like some while dislike some. I will still appreciate it since they are giving comments. However for those who just say "that's just waste of money." That is totally unacceptable. If you think so, just keep it to youself!

As you can see from the sidebar, my most wanted models list are up. Those are some models that i hope i can get one day. And i would like to talk about one of that which is the 'Spawn 5':-


This is the original spawn 5 which is one of the most favorite spawn.


But what i really want to share with is this:

Sorry for the small pic, it is so rare that the pic is also rare)

This is the rarest of all the spawns. There are only FIVE in the world, which one of the five is owned by Todd McFarlane, the owner. So that means there are only 4 left to be sold.

What makes it so special is that the cape of the spawn is white and red in colour. The white itself makes it special because all of the spawns have only completely red cape. There might be many version of spawns all over the world, nothing compare to this extremely limited exclusive model. If someone can keep this model for years, i wonder how much they can sell it for in the future.

That is all for me to share now, i will post some of my collections up next time.

4 comments:

SephXIII said...

Do you buy your toys in Brunei or online? If you want cheaper prices outside of Chong Hock for those One Piece and other anime stuff, you should check out HLJ (www.hlj.com) or Hobby Search (www.1999.co.jp/eng/). I've used both quite happily to order my Japanese toys. Also, you can usually preorder before items are released so that you don't have to pay so much more for them when they're sold out.

Guan said...

Thank you very much sephxiii for your suggestion. I did buy my toys from both Chong Hock and online. I will definitely check the sites you give.

I really appreciate you for taking the time to post me a comment and suggest to me about those. Once again thank you very much, hope you read this.

Do visit often!!!

SephXIII said...

This is your cousin actually. ^_~ But I'm not about to post my real name here. Haha. Email me if you wanna find out who I am. (That is, if you can see my email info; otherwise ask Biaw who I am and ask her for my email. ^_~)

I'm always ordering stuff from those two sites, so if you want me to order stuff for you, you can ask. You might save on shipping if the order's grouped together with my items. ^_^

It _is_ interesting to find out that you're interested in cooking. I've just recently become interested in cooking my own meals, though I'm definitely not in your range of expertise. *_*

Guan said...

ooo... You are my cousin and collect toys also... Then i suppose you are a guy.

Then if you are not the same person as 'Red is da color', who i think is Ed Red(dunno how 2 spell) in my chatbox, then that left me with 2 more elder cousin.

But then i don't remember Wee Ter collect any toys so that means i am left with one choice.

So i kinda know who you are. I will try to find out, i might be wrong