Monday, October 20, 2008

Cooking is my dream

This is my second post of the day. Just like my friend suggested, i would like to share another hobby of mine; cooking. I started to love cooking about 8 years ago but during that time, i don't really have any idea on how to cook.

I still remember the first time i cook is fried egg, well, a failure fried egg because that time i heat the wok and then crack in the egg without putting any oil. Then the egg becomes black and stick on the wok. Just as you guessed, i got scold by my parents LOL. But i never gave up!!! I keep learning everytime i cook.

Actually i have dreams(not the dream you get from your sleep) of becoming either a chef or a businessman. I admire those chefs who create nice, tasty dishes to satisfy their customers. I think cooking is an art, a culinary art. So one day i approached my parents, telling them i wished to pick up cooking skills one day and maybe learn to become a chef. However both my parents disagreed because they think it has no bright future.

That is a real disappointment for me, they do not know how much it meant to me. Although i can't fulfill my dream becoming a chef, i still haven't give up because then i will go with my another ambition, that is to be a businessman and hope one day i can own a restaurant, and that way i may fulfill both my dreams.

People(you know who) always ask me how can you be a chef if you can't cook? WHO SAID I CAN'T? My dishes may not be as good as restaurants but i know it is up to the standard. So don't come criticizing, saying it will makes you get diarrhea, it will taste awful... without even tasting it before. I can 100% guaranteed, it will be far from your expectation. I had cook many times for gatherings, parties and family events. I can even make some of the Dim Sum.

These are some of the dishes i made before for events:

Western Sweet and Sour Chicken



Kailan and Brocolli combination



Oven-grilled marinated Pork Belly

This is the one that surprises everyone who ate it. The best dish i made so far

Butter pork


TangHoon Popiah


There are many more that i cook for events; like black pepper chicken(first dish i cook for a birthday party) but i did not have camera nor handphone at that time, so i only have these pictures. I arrange and display my food nicely just like i did with my models.

I will upload other of my cookings next time. As for now, i would like to introduce an anime to my readers:


Cooking Master Boy is an anime based on China, with a mixture of both reality and fantasy. The story is about legendary cooking utensils and also competitions to be the best in culinary fields. Anime-lovers and cooking-lovers will definitely enjoy this anime.

No comments: